The PCE will contribute to a team of engineers on Feasibility Studies, FEEDs or detailed design projects for the integration of carbon capture facilities at power and industrial sites. This position will require a hands-on individual with capability to produce high-quality process controls engineering deliverables according to a schedule and within budget that meet current project/client requirements. They will develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
The PCE must have knowledge of industrial, process, manufacturing, field instrumentation, distributed control system technology, PLCs and batch process manufacturing in all the following project phases:
• Scope Generation
• Design Basis
• Requirements Documentation
• Systems Integration
• Testing and On-site Startup
The PCE will also be expected to:
• Draw out and document customer requirements that form the basis of the controls scope of work.
• Design, develop and implement control systems (logic software and controls hardware) to meet machine and integrated system requirements.
• Assist in the development of design standards.
• Write instrument/valve specs when required.
• Be involved with vendor recommendations and selection.
• Define commercial components needed to meet project needs, including acquiring quotes and lead times from suppliers for critical items.
• Provide support during design, build and testing phase of the project.
• Participate and contribute to technical issues related to EIC for ION’s pilot facilities and pilot operations.
• Conduct due diligence of detailed EIC designs to ensure alignment with ION’s operational theories and operational philosophies.
• Provide clear communication with the supervisor and the project manager regarding schedule and scope implications throughout the projectlifecycle.
• Assist in the Factory and Site Acceptance Testing of control software, as required.
• Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or university required.
• 4+ years of relevant experience is desirable.
• A solid understanding of process controls system design including electrical schematic generation, wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, cause & effect tables, logic diagrams and general instrument & electrical assembly processes.
• Experience in generating control strategies and guiding the release of a control system from development through deployment.
• Working knowledge of CAD software. Ability to create controls/electrical designs and drawings using computer-assisted design, make revisions to designs, and update old drawings to new formats.
• Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)required.
All Applicants Should Be/Have
• A self-starter mentality that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
• Willing to travel as necessary to support the business objectives.
• Excellent time management skills and problem solving with the ability to work independently from problem statement to solution.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable presenting technical information to team leaders and management.
• Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments efficiently.
This position typically operates in a professional office environment but occasionally in industrial settings (refineries, fabrication shops and/or power stations). The job requires an individual to routinely use standard office equipment to oversee technical deliverables, and at times it is required to work remotely, from the office and on-site of a client. Travel to locations of ION’s pilot operations, meetings associated with ION’s commercial projects or to locations involving commissioning, start-up and/or operations associated with ION’s commercial projects may be required and could be as much as 25%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position working standard business hours. This position may require the flexibility to work diverse schedules, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. On occasions this position requires travel.
The role is primarily an office-based role with some ‘flex-time’ (working remotely)allowable with prior approval.
This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ION Clean Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
What We Offer
• The salary for this position generally ranges between $100,000-$130,000 annually.This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs and may vary above and below the stated amounts.
• Additionally, this position will receive a grant of stock options and is eligible for an annual bonus based on performance of the individual and the company.
• A comprehensive benefits package that includes 401k Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Career Training & Development Opportunities, generous Parental Leave, 120hours of PTO in their first year of service and 18 paid holidays per year.
Primary Location: Boulder, Colorado USA